I have had the pleasure of designing and teaching a number of my own courses in the past several years, of all sizes, at all levels, and on various topics.
- Plato's Later Metaphysics & Epistemology (upper-level seminar, fall 2016)
- Plato's Phaedo (graduate seminar, winter 2016)
- "Can good people like bad music?" and other questions (first-year seminar, fall 2015)
- Literature & Philosophy (introductory survey, summer 2015 & 2014)
- Beauty in Ancient Greek Philosophy (upper-level seminar, winter 2015)
- Introduction to Ancient Philosophy (introductory survey, summer 2013)
I have also designed various general resources and exercises for philosophical writing, which I share below.
"Five Virtues of Good Philosophical Writing"
Exercises for Better Philosophical Writing:
Argument Analysis | Paragraph Editing | Defending a Position | Validity & Invalidity | Assessing Validity
Qualitative Grading Rubric (for term paper)